Ingredients for Bean Soup with Ham
- 450 g - 16 ounce dried navy beans, rinced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 piece of celery, chopped
- 400 gr ( 28- to 32-oz)can chopped tomatoes
- 1,6l (7 cups) water
- 450 g - 1 lb cups diced ham
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Add water and beans into a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
Boil gently for a few minutes, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
Add cubed ham, onion, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are soft.
Occasionally skim service of soup while it is cooking.
Add carrots and celery, cook until tender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Bean Soup with Ham
Bean Soup with Ham Recipe