- 20 Brussel Sprouts, peeled & coarsely chopped.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- A handful of streaky bacon, chopped.
- 1 stick celery, chopped.
- 1 crumbled dried chilli (optional).
- 1 tbsp oil for frying.
- 1 l ( 4.22 cups) water with 2 vegetable bouillon cube or vegetable stock.
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper.
In a saucepan, gently sautee the onion & celery until translucent.
Add the bacon, sprouts and sautee until bacon cooked through.
Add the chilli (optional).
Add the stock and bring to a simmer for around 10 minutes, until the sprouts are soft.
Puree with a stick blender, blitz the soup smooth(ish).
Tastyfood - Recipes
Brussels Sprout Soup Recipe