Ingredients for Calamares with Tomato Sauce:
- 400 gr ( 28- to 32-oz)can chopped tomatoes
- ½ kg ( 1,1 lb) frozen calamari rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove,chopped
- 2 tablespoons concentrated tomato puree
- 6 tablespoons red wine
- pinch (or two) of dried cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Defrost the calamari rings, then rinse with cold water and dry them with paper towel.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the carrot, onion and garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are starting to soften.
Add the squid and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the tomatoes, wine, tomato puree, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and
stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down low and cover. Cook covered on low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve hot with fluffy basmati rice.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Calamares with Tomato Sauce
Calamares with Tomato Sauce Recipe