Ingredients for Cheese Potato Soup:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of broken into small florets cauliflower
- 1 lb - 450gr potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup -125ml water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ cup - 375ml low fat milk
- 2 oz- 55gr sharp cheddar cheese
- 2½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- Optional: 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
How to make Cheese Potato Soup:
Saute some onion (in olive oil) in a large saucepan over medium flame for approx 5 min.
Sprinkle with flour, cook 1 minute, stirring onion mixture constantly.
Add potato, milk, broth, and 1/2 cup water to pan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Add fat sharp cheddar cheese, cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
Season with salt and pepper.
Top each serving evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped green onions.