Ingredients for Chervil Soup:
Serves 4 - 6
- 1½ l ( 6 cups) water (with 3 Beef bouillon cubes) or beef Stock
- 240 g (1 cup) chervil - shredded
- 2 stalks of white celery - chopped
- 2 onions - sliced
- 2 potatoes - peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- 1 dl light cream (half and half)
- Salt & Black Pepper
Preparation Chervil soup:
Cook the onion, leeks and celery in a little olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add potato and broth or water with the beef bouillon cubes.
Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very soft, about 20 minutes
Puree the soup with a blender or food processor until smooth.
Return soup to pot and stir in half-and-half. Heat, stirring, over medium heat until steaming (don't let boil), about 2 minutes.
Season the soup with salt and pepper.