Ingredients for Chicken Soup with Lemon and Ginger:
For 6 Persons:
- 2 onions, shredded
- 9 ounce - 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1½ tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 cup - 250g chopped bok choy
- 1 cm (0,5 inch) ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pouch precooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 4½ cups - 1 l chicken stock
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make Chicken Soup with Lemon and Ginger:
Prepare rice according to package directions.
While rice simmers, put some oil in a pan and saute the onion, miso and ginger.
Add the mushrooms and leaves still even sweating.
Add stock, chicken, and bok choy; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until bok choy is tender
Stir rice into soup and season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
Remove from heat; stir in lemon rind and juice.