Ingredients for Chicken Tortilla Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 1½ lb - 675g chicken thighs, skinless and bone-in
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2½ cup chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 can 14 oz - 400g diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14 oz - 400g tomato sauce
- 1 can chili
- 4 oz green beans, halved
- 2 yellow squash, halved and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- sliced jalapenos, sour cream, and tortilla chips, for serving
- olive oil
How to make Chicken tortilla Soup:
Combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, garlic, stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles, chili powder, oregano, and cumin in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through.
Add squash and green beans and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken, discard bones and shred meat, return to saucepan.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper.
Scoop out and garnish with cilantro, jalapenos, and sour cream.
Serve with tortilla chips alongside
Tastyfood - Recipes
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe