Ingredients for Chickpea and Clam Soup:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb, 900gr clams, rinsed
- 2 large russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz - 800gr) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1,6 quart - 1.5 l vegetable stock or water with 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 rosemary spings, leaves picked
- Salt and pepper
How to make Chickpea and Clam Soup:
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium flame and saute the onion, carrot and the celery for approx 2 -3 min.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add the water and bouillon cubes or the vegetable stock.
Add the chickpeas and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 min until slightly reduced.
Transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
Return soup to saucepan and place over medium heat.
Bring to a simmer, then add clams. Cover and cook, shaking the saucepan occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until shells have opened.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with rosemary leaves
Tastyfood - Recipes
Chickpea and Clam Soup
Chickpea and Clam Soup Recipe