Ingredients for Chickpea and Potato Soup:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz - 800gr) chickpeas
- 2 quart - 2 l chicken stock or water with 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
How to make Chickpea and Potato Soup:
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium flame and saute the onion and the garlic for approx 5 min.
Add the water and bouillon cubes or the chicken stock.
Add the potatoes and chickpeas and bring to a boil.
Ad the pasta and the spinach, separating it as you stir it in.
Cook the pasta al dente.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the soup in shallow bowls topped with grated cheese.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Chickpea and Potato Soup
Chickpea and Potato Soup Recipe