Ingredients for Clams:
- 1¼ lb -½ kg small clams, in the shell
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 lb small clams, in the shell
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Celery leaves, to garnish
How to make Clams:
Place the onion, celery, garlic and ginger in a large pan, add the olive oil, spices and chopped parsley and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
Add the clams to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the wine, then cover and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
Discard any clams that fail to open.
Garnished with the celery leaves and serve.