Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 150g button mushrooms, cut in half then sliced
- 150ml fresh cream
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
How to make Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
In a medium saucepan heat butter of olive oil over medium heat.
Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until they are lightly browned, reduce heat to medium.
Add cream, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching that the cream doesn't overboil.
Once the sauce has reduced by half, add crushed garlic, if using, and cook for another minute.
Remove from heat and serve over your favourite steaks, roasted chicken or schnitzel.
Creamy Mushroom sauce