Ingredients for Feta and Rice Patties:
- 2 x 9 oz - 250g packets long-grain brown rice
- 2 oz - 60g Feta, oil reserved
- 5 oz - 140g lite cottage cheese
- 11 oz - 300g pumpkin, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2½ oz - 70 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup - 110ml rich tomato chutney
- 1 handful baby rocket leaves
- salt and pepper
How to make Feta and Rice Patties:
Boil the rice in salted water, using the instructions on the packet.
Combine rice, feta, cottage cheese, pumpkin, garlic, egg, flour and parsley in a large bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Make 16 patties using damp hands.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
Cook patties, in batches, for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until golden.
Add extra oil to the pan if necessary.
Serve with chutney and rocket.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Feta and Rice Patties Recipe.