Ingredients for Fettuccine with Lemon, Tuna and Capers
- 9 oz - 250g dried fettucine
- 250g grape tomatoes
- 1 x 14 oz - 400g can tuna in oil, undrained, flaked
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
How to make Patatas Riojanas (Spanish Potato Soup):
Preheat oven to 356°F- 180°C.
Place tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Season with pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until tomato begin to wilt. Remove from oven.
Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
Juice the lemon.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add tomato, shallot and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice, tuna, capers and half the parsley.
Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the pasta to the tuna mixture and toss to combine.
Divide among serving bowls.
Top with remaining parsley and serve immediately.