Ingredients for Fish Soup:
- 3 cups (750ml) fish stock or water with 1½ fish bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil
- 1 medium fennel, thinly sliced, tips reserved and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 185g red snapper fillet or other beautiful fish fillet, skin on
- 350g fresh marinara mix
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make fish soup:
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add fennel and garlic and cook, stirring for 6 minutes or until softened.
Add tomatoes, fish stock and lemon rind.
Season with salt and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile, gently slash the skin on the snapper on the diagonal – this prevents the fish from curling. Then cut into four pieces.
Reduce the heat of fish stock and fennel mixture and add marinara mix.
Gently lay prepared red snapper fillets on top. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into bowls, toping each with red snapper and reserved finely chopped fennel tops..
Tastyfood - Recipes
Fish Soup Recipe