Ingredients for Gambas al Ajillo:
- 1 lb shrimp, 25 count to a pound
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or dried cayenne peppers
- 2-3 oz (60-89 ml) dry sherry optional)
- 4 oz (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced (for sopping up extra sauce!)
How to make Gambas al Ajillo:
In a sauté pan warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper and sauté until they just begin to brown.
Raise the heat to high and immediately add the shrimp, lemon juice, dry sherry and paprika
Stir well, then sauté, stirring briskly until the shrimp turn pink and curl.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Remove from heat and transfer shrimp with oil and sauce to a warm plate or serve right from the pan.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with fresh bread.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Spanish Garlic Shrimps