Ingredients for Greek Panna Cotta:
- 1 cup - 237ml of milk
- 1 cup - 237g Greek jogurt
- 2 cups - 474ml cream with minimum 40% fat
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar or cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sheets of gelatine or 1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin
How to make Greek Panna Cotta:
Put the milk in a saucepan and soak the gelatine leaves in the cold milk and allow it to soften for about 5 minutes.
Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod, grate the lemon's zest and add both to the milk.
Warm the saucepan over a medium-low heat until the gelatin dissolves.
Then add the double cream, Greek yoghurt, salt and sugar and whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the juice of half of the lemon.
Strain the liquid and pour into 8 ramekins or individual molds or small bowls.
Cover with plastic wrap and let them set in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Panna cotta can be tricky to unmold.
The best way to unmold the Panna cotta is to dip the ramekins in hot water, then turn upside down onto a plate and shake once sharply.
- Sprinkle with marsala or amaretto and serve.
- Use a vanilla mill for finishing.
- Put a fresh mint leaf on the panna cotta and put some colored fruit around.
- Or pour a little caramel sauce
Tastyfood - Recipes
Greek Panna Cotta