Ingredients for Lentil Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 6 cups - 1,4l vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 9 oz - 250 g cauliflower, chopped
- 5 oz -140g lentils
- 1 can (28 oz - 800g) diced tomatoes
- 2 onion, chopped
- 5 carots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 package (10 oz 250g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tspground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- olive oil
How to make Lentil Soup:
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add stock, water, lentils, tomatoes, cauliflower and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender but not mushy, about 45 min.
Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 5 minutes
Season with pepper and salt.
Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lemon juice.