Ingredients for Mongolian Crispy Beef:
- 2 pounds - 900g lean ground beef, cut into strips
- ½ cup - 65g cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- oil, for deep frying
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 green onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 finely chopped garlic gloves
- ½ cup - 120ml water
- ½ cup - 120ml soy sauce
- ½ cup - 120mlrice vinegar
- ½ cup - 90g brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 3 tsp water
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
How to make Mongolian Crispy Beef:
Salt and pepper beef strips.
Tossing the beef strips in cornstarch. Make sure the strips are coated evenly with cornstarch.
Deep fry the beef strips for 2-3 mins, drain the oil and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat oil.
Add in the ginger and garlic.
Stir quickly for 10 seconds.
Immediately add in the soy sauce, water and rice vinegar.
Bring the sauce to a boil.
Add in the brown sugar and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
Now add in the beef strips and let cook for 2 minutes.
Add the green onions and cook for an additional minute.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Mongolian Crispy Beef
This Recipe is super easy to made