Ingredients for Pizza Capricciosa:
for 2 pizza:
For the tomato sauce:
- ½ cup tomato sauce or chopped canned tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 sweet Italian sausage about 2 inches long, skinned and shredded
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 or 5 pitted whole or sliced mixed olives
- 1 Mozzarella shredded or diced
- 2 ounces - 60g thinly sliced prosciutto
- olive oil
How to make Pizza Capricciosa:
For making the see: Pizza dough
Preheat your oven to 400ºF -200C.
Mix the tomato sauce into a food processor with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a purée.
Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if necessary.
Pour around 5 spoonful’s of tomato sauce into the middle of the dough and spread it out using the base of the spoon, from the middle, out.
Add the cheese on the tomato sauce.
Add the artichokes and try to decorate the pizza.
Place the black olives on each slice of the pizza capricciosa and sprinkle
some more mozzarella in the middle of the pizza.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot