Ingredients for Pizza di Tonno:
for 2 pizza:
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 (14oz - 400g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 can tuna (natural)
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ onion, sliced
- 7 oz -200g fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1 large handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Pizza di Tonno:
For making the see: Pizza dough
Preheat your oven to 400ºF -200C.
Put all the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor or liquidizer with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a purée.
Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if it needs it.
Mix olive oil in a bowl with the crushed garlic and set aside.
With a pastry brush, coat the screen (or baking sheet) with a bit of the oil.
Stretch or roll out the dough and lay it on the screen.
Brush the dough with the garlic infused oil.
Divide your blitzed tomato sauce between the pizzas and spread around.
Spread the tuna marinade and onion.
Top with Parmesan.
Drizzle garlic oil on top
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot