Ingredients for Prawn Coconut Soup:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh root ginger
- 1 stick lemongrass, minced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 cups - 1l chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown soft sugar
- 1 tins 14 oz - 400 g coconut milk
- 8 oz - 225g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz - 450g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
How to make Prawn Coconut Soup:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass and curry paste in the oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken stock over the mixture, stirring continually.
Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar then simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms then cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft.
Add the prawns then cook until pink and opaque.
Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with fresh coriander.