Ingredients for Quattro Stagioni:
for 2 pizza:
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 (14oz - 400g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 14 ounce - 400g can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cups - 500g sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup - 125g pitted whole or sliced mixed Italian olives
- 1½ cup - 350g grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 ounces - 60g thinly sliced prosciutto
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 smal red onion, thinly sliced
How to make Quattro Stagioni:
For making the see: Pizza dough
Preheat your oven to 400ºF -200C.
Put all the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor or liquidizer with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a purée.
Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if it needs it.
Mix olive oil in a bowl with the crushed garlic and set aside.
With a pastry brush, coat the screen (or baking sheet) with a bit of the oil.
Stretch or roll out the dough and lay it on the screen.
Brush the dough with the garlic infused oil.
Divide your blitzed tomato sauce between the pizzas and spread around.
Top one quarter of each pizza with mushroom mixture. Top another quarter of each pizza with artichoke hearts. Top a third quarter with proscuitto and remaining quarter with olives.
Drizzle garlic oil on top
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot