Ingredients for Soybean Paste Stew:
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/3 zucchini, finely diced
- 3 shitake mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 green chili peppers, such as jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 red chili peppers, finely diced
- 3 tbsp of grated moo or daikon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of Mushroom, Dashima Broth
- 3 tablespoons of Korean soybean paste
- 1/2 tablespoon of Korean red pepper paste
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
How to make Soybean Paste Stew:
Make Mushroom, Dashima stock, see link how to make these stock.
Mix the Korean soybean paste, Korean red pepper paste and honey.
In a small pot, add all the vegetables except for the scallions, 1 cup of broth and top it with the soybean mixture.
Bring to a boil and lower it to a simmer.
Cook until the vegetable are tender.
Add the scallions, drizzle about ½ tbsp of sesame oil.
Ladle the soup and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with rice.