Ingredients for Spicy black Bean Soup:
For 4 Persons:
- 1 pound black beans, soaked overnight
- 1 gloves minced garlic
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6½ cups - 1½l chicken broth or water with 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ham bone with some meat
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup or white wine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
How to make Spicy black Bean Soup:
In a large soup pot, heat two tbsp olive oil. Sauté onions, celery and crushed garlic until tender.
Add chicken broth, ham bone, the black beans and bay leaf.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Add red bell pepper, cumin, brown sugar, lemon juice, and sherry.
Season with pepper and salt.
Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove ham bone and bay leaf.
Puree about a quart of the soup then mix it back into the pot.
Cut up ham from bone and add to soup.
Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe