Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 dl pineapple juice (from a can of pineapple)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2½ cm - 1 inch root ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon potato starch (cornstarch if necessary)
- Chili sauce
How to make Sweet and Sour Sauce :
Heat the oil in a pan (wok) and fry the chopped ginger and garlic briefly.
Add the pineapple juice, tomato paste, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and soy sauce and bring to a boil, stirring.
Mix the potato starch with a little water and thicken the sauce with it.
Season to taste with chili sauce.
Sweet and Sour Sauce