Ingredients for Tomato and Parsnip Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 2 large parsnips (peeled and diced)
- 10 tomatoes (peeled, cut into pieces)
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 150 ml. soya milk (unsweetened)
- 1 bay leaf
- Chives or cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups - 1 liter vegetable stock or water with 2 vegetable stock cubes
- pepper and salt
- olive oil
How to make Tomato and Parsnip Soup:
Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
Put the tomatoes in the boiling water and once the peel crack you get them out and let them cool.
Once they are cold dispose them of their shell.
Meanwhile, you put the oil in a large soup pot and fry the onion and garlic over a low heat.
Add the parsnips and cook for another 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour and thyme over it and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add, stirring, gradually the water.
Add the soy milk, bouillon cubes and tomatoes to the soup and bring to a boil and simmer 25 minutes by boiling.
Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup.
Season with salt and pepper.
Scoop out and garnish with chives or fresh cilantro.