Ingredients for Carrots and Ginger Soup with Yoghurt:
Serves 4 - 6
- 1lb -450g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup - 122g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 large carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups - 950ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Salt & Black Pepper
How to make Carrots and Ginger Soup with Yoghurt:
Heat a iitle olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Add the garlic, ginger and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
Add the sweet potato, carrot, and stock.
Bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
Cook until the vegetables are soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
Mix the soup with a stick blender.
Season with pepper.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt and chives to serve.